This is the job description for BANQUET MANAGER.
Job Title: Banquet Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Assistant General Manager/Director Food & Beverage
Supervises: Assistant Banquet Manager, Banquet Captains, Hourly Banquet team
Job Purpose: To schedule banquets, parties, etc., ensuring all arrangements are made so as to provide the customer with a very high level of service and quality.
1. Determine amount of future business and work load requirements with information gathered from sales
2. Requisition required help and instruct work expectations for banquets.
3. Meet with function group leaders to determine last minute changes and discuss various set-up arrangements.
4. Ensure proper service to clients during the banquet.
5. Ensure proper cleaning of all equipment after function is completed.
6. Supervise assigned banquet personnel: hiring, terminating, training and developing.
7. Schedule banquets, parties, etc.
8. Assist personnel in setting up a function room to the desired specifications set forth by the sales office.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
2. Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
3. Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
4. Understand government regulations covering business operations.
5. Make business decisions based on production reports, similar facts, and experience.
6. Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and
7. Plan and organize the work of others.
8. Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management required
Experience: 2 years supervisory experience in banquet operations with 3 years hotel operations experience;
OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: TIPS Certification and Food Safety Certification
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates' rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates' productivity and efficiency for purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing ,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other associates are given particular weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Wet or humid conditions
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.