Bring your talents to the table in a creative, dynamic atmosphere, with teammates that share the same passion for hospitality! Our Banquets Team at the Hilton Columbus Downtown is currently seeking a Houseperson to work in our award winning property.
Check out the link below to check out all the benefits we offer and other open positions!
HOME | Hilton CBUS Careers (hiltoncolumbuscareers.com)
After you submit your application, text us at 614-568-9460 with any questions!
*This role pays $13.50/hour plus gratuity* What will I be doing?
A Houseperson is responsible for supporting Food and Beverage operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring cleanliness of all areas and maintaining equipment. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Able to lift banquet equipment that is at least 50 pounds such as Tables, Chairs, and Dance floor
- Able to push/pull banquet equipment that is between 200-500 pounds such as Tables, Chairs, Stage, Dance Floor, and Furniture
- Ensure equipment is in full working order and report any defects
- Project a professional manner to guests and team members
- Assist with set ups to ensure department runs efficiently
- Manage the set up relating to Food and Beverage functions in a timely manner
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Attend training provided by the hotel
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet, meeting and conference areas to meet established cleanliness and quality standards
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Basic knowledge of Meeting Rooms Set up, guest relations and etiquette
- Flexibility regarding availability
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work Afternoons, evenings, and weekends frequently
- Be familiar with all events happening at the hotel
- Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!