The Banquet Houseperson is responsible for the physical set-up and turnovers of all banquet events. S/he will follow specific Banquet Event Orders to ensure accuracy for the set-up. The Houseperson will maintain the cleanliness and eye appeal of the banquet space. The Banquet Houseperson will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.
The Banquet Houseperson will always conduct them self in manner which supports the Core Values of Sunriver Resort: Trust, Commitment, & Opens and Honest Communication
S/he shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times and exemplifying the Sunriver Resort Culture as well as promoting Sunriver Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice! Essential Functions
- Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Sunriver Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Prepares all banquet space prior to events
- Tears down all banquet space after events
- Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail
- Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
- Assists the banquet servers/captains with clearing of tables as needed
- Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment
- Assists with all set-up functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/décor
- Removes centerpieces/décor after events and stores appropriately
- Removes soil linens and stores appropriately
- Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location
- Attends appropriate resort, division and department meetings
- Maintains the cleanliness of banquet storage rooms
- Assembles dance floors
- Arranges buffets, stages and podiums
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the banquets team
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
- Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule, maintains accurate time records and follows proper standards for issuance of rooms
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Sunriver Resort dress code standards
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school education required preferred
- At least one year of customer service experience preferred
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Must have valid Oregon driver's license and meet company driving standards
- Must possess valid OLCC card upon hire
- Must possess valid Food Handler's card upon hire
Sunriver Resort is Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon . Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers. Company Introduction
Sunriver - The Start of The Unforgettable
Inspiration, discovery and treasured memories await you in this stunning mountain resort. Tee off on one of 4 award-winning golf courses or rejuvenate in our beautiful spa and fitness center. Splash in The Cove aquatic center. Fly fish for that big one on the Deschutes. Stay in one of our luxurious homes or suites. Immerse in endless year-round recreation and relaxation.