Job Description Job summary -
Responsible for setting up and breaking down banquet rooms per guest request.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Set up meeting and banquet rooms following written instructions.
- Transport all required equipment, including but not limited to tables, chairs, vases, glassware and flatware, between kitchen or storage area and appropriate meeting and banquet room.
- Be present at meeting and banquet rooms before and during breaks of meetings or parties to provide any requested service.
- Break down meeting and banquet rooms at end of function.
- Transport all supplies, including, but not limited to tables, chairs, or glassware to appropriate storage or cleaning facility at end of function.
- Ensure all rooms are cleaned following hotel standards and procedures.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of work station. Ensure work area meets standards set at completion of shift.
- Inspect all equipment. Report any problems to appropriate personnel. Follow up to ensure correction of problem.
- Interact with supervisors, guests and co-workers in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Comply with supervisor's directions to ensure guest and staff satisfaction.
- Attend to guests' requests or complaints when possible and appropriate; when inappropriate inform supervisor or appropriate person of request and follow up to ensure it was resolved.
- Apply principles of rational thinking to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret and comply with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary. #LI-RM1