Paséa Hotel & Spais seeking a highly organized, procedural, and dynamic hospitality individual to join our team as a Banquet Cook II!
Named one of the "Best New U.S. Coastal Hotels" by Condé Nast Traveler, the oceanfront Paséa Hotel & Spa is a modern oasis with an unrivaled sense of clean, coastal style and comfort. Located in the heart of the vibrant and emerging Huntington Beach community and just steps from the city's iconic pier on USA Today's number one beach in California, Paséa Hotel & Spa provides the perfect beach-goers escape. Discerning world travelers will be welcomed with spacious guest rooms and suites, almost all with ocean views, a celebrated signature restaurant featuring a wood-fired grill, a chic rooftop lounge with panoramic ocean views, an oceanfront pool experience with cabanas and poolside service, and a rejuvenating Balinese-inspired spa. Come join one of the most dynamic teams in Orange County.
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast paced hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Do you enjoy "thinking out the box" and creating strategies to increase revenue and customer satisfaction while ensuring bottom line results?
If the answer is YES,Paséa Hotel & Spais looking for you to join our team!Job Summary:
Provides preparation of assigned kitchen area to ensure the highest level of food service and quality on a consistent basis.Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Prepare foods such as salads, soups, sauces, meats, starches, vegetables according to prescribed recipes and guidelines.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of all menus, recipes, food quality standards and regulations.
- Complies with accuracy of portion sizes, quality standards, departmental policies and procedures, and accurately follows recipes.
- Assists with ensuring food leaves the kitchen simultaneously and in a timely fashion, is of high quality, and is prepared according to order.
- Ensures all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and knives.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to observe that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Maintains work area in clean, safe and organized manner.
- Two years prior food prep experience in a high-volume, fine dining kitchen required.
- Culinary degree or training desired or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in hospitality desirable.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of restaurant food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as BEO's, recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must have a valid current California Food Handlers Card/SERVSAFE or willingness and ability to obtain one prior to start date.
- Must know and follow all applicable health standards.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plate ware and food trays. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot glassware and plate ware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and/ or kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests and/or kitchen staff. The team member is frequently alerted of a coworker's presence from behind to avoid accidents. The team member tastes all dishes each day to be able to relay menu information to guests and/or servers. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. Frequently transports food or trays while walking. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and cook food and move around the kitchen. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working inside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise while working in or around the kitchen areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plate ware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D