The Audio Visual Tech provides setup of all functions that require audio visual equipment. To ensure accurate tracking of equipment, protecting and caring for assets and serve as a consultant for sales regarding audio visual needs of future bookings. They will assist the Banquet Team to operate in a "for-profit" environment as well as ensure guest service is beyond expectations so that the Resort will meet and/or exceed budgeted expectations.
Bachelor's degree in hotel management is helpful. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Valid driver's license required.
* Must be able to read, write and fluently speak English. Bilingual skills helpful.
* Skilled in oral/written communication and listening are required.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills required.
* Guest Relations: To have the ability to work with clients, management and associates is critical.
* General knowledge of the practices and procedures of a convention center, hotel conference services and/or banquet department.
* Need to be a team player, willing to help anyone in the immediate area on a minute's notice.
* Must be detail oriented, a self-motivator, and able to work independently.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
* Ability to utilize various types of audio visual equipment that are owned by Kalahari Resorts or outsourced.
* Also able to operate in-house equipment such as telephone systems, internet, Muzak system, sound, lighting and computer equipment.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Prior experience as an audio technician is preferred.
* Prior experience in a banquet position is helpful.
* Have a broad understanding of the tourism industry and the day-to-day operations of a hotel/resort and convention center operations are helpful.
AV includes but is not limited to:
• Lift operation
See Job Description