Stationed in the midst of Savannah's historic district, Perry Lane Hotel invites guests to immerse themselves in all that is Savannah. Combining regional and contemporary aesthetics, this Luxury Collection Hotel boasts 167 elegant guest rooms and three lively food and beverage venues. Perry Lane Hotel is where true southern warmth endures as we genuinely connect with our guests. Rather we are welcoming a long-weekend adventurer, abusiness traveler, or a Savannah sophisticate, we are setting the tone for our guest's entire stay, and we do so with creative spark and worldly elegance.
Our Housekeeping team seeks welcoming, creative and polished team members with aheart of service. We passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known among our team, our guests and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble and innovative operators driven to anticipate needs andexceed expectations.The Perks:
- Sage hotel & restaurant discounts across the US
- Marriott discounts
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Free Shift Meal
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, andpassion. Sage team members execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in ourcommunities. We set new standards in hospitality.Job Overview
The Housekeeping Manager assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing associates' and ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of the hotel, guest rooms, public areas, laundry and other assigned areas. Coordinates all functions of the Housekeeping and Laundry departments and ensures impeccable levels of cleanliness and upkeep. Must demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and team building skills with associates, peers and across departments.Responsibilities
- Primary duties include; directing, interviewing, hiring, counseling, plan work schedules, assign work duties of Housekeeping associates.
- Lead pre-shift meetings communicates arrivals, departures, identifies VIP's, delegates room assignments and duties.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in interviewing and selecting new Associates for hire
- Monitor the housekeeping staff and their productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in their status
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in the handling of employee complaints and grievances and disciplining them up to termination when necessary
- Determine the type of materials, supplies, and tools to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked and sold.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, SOPs and health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel's guests, staff and company assets.
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction. Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquiries to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guest, staff and company assets.
One to two years of post-high school education.Experience
Experience required by position is from one to two years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).Knowledge/Skills
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Ability to meet standards of appearance.
- Can communicate well with guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pushing vacuum entire length of hallway, carrying supplies from department to assigned floor, carrying dirty linen to laundry shoot, removing room service trays and carrying dirty dishes to service area.
- Bending/kneeling -dusting requires bending and kneeling to reach all areas. Room service trays are placed on floor for pick up. Bending would be required to retrieve dirty dishes.
- Ability to communicate with guests, housekeepers/main linen room attendant, supervisor.
- Ability to assess required reaction to meet standards.
- Mobility -movement to reach all areas of responsibility to include: shelves, windows, ledges, pipes, under and around furniture.
- Continuous standing -continuously standing and/or walking to accomplish all that is required for position.
- Climbing stairs -approximately 40 steps 15% of 40 hour week.
- No driving required.
Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled environment. Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of shift.Benefits
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.