Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . LocationEmployment Status
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying the accounting staff with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets. Responsibilities
- Assist Director of Finance in timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the property
- Prepare, monitor, and accurately record hotel revenues daily by preparation of the Income Journal. Identify all variances to budget and last year.
- Monitoring and control of hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts for the property
- Under guidance of Director of Finance maintain timely interaction with Department Heads to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations for the property
- Supervision of accounting department staff
- Compliance with Highgate Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for our finance and accounting operations
- Effectively manage and communicate related issues related to management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotel's established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist Director of Finance and advise Department Heads in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
- With supervision of Director of Finance hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested.
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.