Assist Director of Finance in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.Responsibilities Financial Management
Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Perform all accounting functions in the event assistance is needed.
- Effectively schedule, monitor, and evaluate controllable departmental expenditures to stay within the restraints of the established budget through: labor management and purchasing control systems
- Establish and monitor scheduling of all accounting associates, including Night Audit.
- Schedule personnel consistent with the volume of business and needs.
- Effectively plan in order to meet demands of both guests and staff.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Flow
- Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet HEI Corporate requirements.
- Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
- Participate in and critique asset inventories.
- Maintain records storage area in compliance with record retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
- Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any other applicable tax liabilities.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including collection calls as needed.
- Ensure the A/R aging percentages are in compliance with SOP.
- Verify credit cards are processed every night by night audit.
- Verify cash deposits are made timely.
Management of Department
- Assist Director of Finance with the Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts each period.
- Review any problem accounts with Director of Finance and adjust entries to the general ledger.
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside the company.
- Train associates in job responsibilities.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The Hilton New Orleans Airport is a luxury, full-service hotel located 15 minutes from the Louis Armstrong International airport and minutes away from downtown New Orleans and the historic French Quarter. Here we empower our team members to thrive and reach their full potential. Our guest's experience starts with excellent service and that service begins with our team. We are looking for individuals with a spirit to serve and a passion to develop in their career. Apply today to learn more about joining the Hilton New Orleans Airport family!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.