Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Assistant Manager, Food and Beverage to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh location in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.Job Summary
The Banquets Manager Level 2 is responsible for assuring the success of all banquet events, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; work with the department head to maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of service standards, food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, and liquor laws.
| || Often || Sometimes|| Rarely|
|Lifting up to 50 poundsx|| ||x|| |
|Sitting|| || ||x|
|Walking||x|| || |
|Standing||x|| || |
|Bending neck||x|| || |
|Twisting neck||x|| || |
|Bending waist (forward or sideways)||x|| || |
|Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels)|| ||x|| |
|Kneeling|| ||x|| |
|Crawling|| || ||x|
|Reach above shoulder height||x|| || |
|Reach below should height||x|| || |
|Driving|| || ||x|
|Stooping||x|| || |
|Pushing||x|| || |
|Pulling||x|| || |
|Talking||x|| || |
|Hearing||x|| || |
|Repetitive motions||x|| || |
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's banquets.
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Work with the Director of Banquets and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention within the department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of service in the banquets department.
- Assist in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's and procedures in all outlets.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during meal periods.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Manage the interviewing of candidates for banquet positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Manage banquet associates.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of outlet managers and associates on SOP's, report preparation and technical job tasks.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh, 600 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222Employment Status: