Residence Inn @ Carnegie Center
Position Title: Assistant General Manager
Supervisor: General Manager
Assists the General Manager in directing the operations of the property ensuring the highest levels of guest and associate satisfaction while maximizing profitability and efficiency. Specific emphasis is placed on overseeing the rooms division of property operations day to day.
- Reservations Manager
- Guest Services Manager
- Guest Services Supervisor
- Guest Services Representative(s)
- Property Controller
- Executive Housekeeper
- Chief Engineer/Director of Maintenance
- Van Drivers
- Bell Staff
- Directs the operations of the Front Office; oversees or participates in the hiring, training, scheduling, and management of all Guest Services associates.
- Assists in the development of the annual hotel operating budget and Annual Marketing Plan.
- Participates in monitoring monthly implementation and analysis.
- Participates in regular property inspections and assists the General Manager in the maintenance of quality standards for proper guest room cleanliness, function room setups, public room setups and maintenance of all facilities.
- Inspects the property regularly and implements action to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and associates from fire, injury, or illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Assists the General Manager in the control of cash deposits and the property safe. Ensures that the safe count is accurate and addresses change requests as needed.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by responding to guest requests, resolving guest complaints, and greeting in-house guests.
- Fills in for the General Manager during his/her absence.
- Assists the General Manager in the preparation of all required reports and paperwork, ensuring that reports for the Home Office are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis.
- Maintains and balances the Innkeepers Account.
- Interfaces with all department managers troubleshooting any potential problems and assisting as needed in the overall operations of the hotel.
- Participates in Sales and Yield Management meetings offering ideas to enhance sales efforts.
- Assists the Director of Sales in soliciting new accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.