This is the job description for ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER.
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Department: Administration & General
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Front Desk Manager, Security Supervisor, Executive Housekeeper, Engineering leader, Food &
Job Purpose: To maintain the Rooms, Food and Beverage and Engineering disciplines of the hotel, maintaining established revenue, cost and quality standards. To act as liaison between General Manager and department managers. To meet or exceed hotel budget, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction guidelines and franchisee expectations.
1. Oversees Rooms Division, Food and Beverage Division as well as Engineering discipline. Preferably prior experience as department head/executive committee member within the Food and Beverage discipline or Rooms, to compliment General Manager's experience.
2. Oversees development of new programs that result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence. Receives and responds to guest complaints in a timely manner.
3. Ensure that daily inventory is managed to maximize all potential room revenue and ensure that budgeted room revenues are met.
4. Supervise the food & beverage department to include food preparation, food and beverage service so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel.
5. Generate an atmosphere that provides security and safety for all internal and external guests.
6. Establish and maintain cost control systems for all rooms and food & beverage related inventories. Participate in the development of short term and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel.
7. Supervises an ongoing maintenance program, which includes the internal and external areas of the hotel. Readily meets all financial obligations and safety regulations.
8. Monitor and maintain the property specific cleanliness guidelines in all areas of the property.
9. Oversee transient & package advertising opportunities and ensures hotel participation in brand specific programs.
10. Ensure high associate morale by rewarding team members who meet or exceed guest expectations.
11. Oversee implementation and development of all training programs.
12. Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, directly involved with all hiring and disciplinary decisions.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets & familiarity with brand specific Property Mgmt Systems.
2. Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
3. Ability to read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
4. Ability to use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
6. Ability to make decisions based on production reports and similar facts, your own experience, and personal opinion.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management, Business or related field
Experience: 5 years leadership experience in hotel operations with OR, an equivalent combination of education & experience.
X Interview, select and train associates
X Direct the work of associates
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked & sold.
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing , advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other associates are given particular weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.