In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Assistant General Manager
PAH Management is a fast-growing unique company hospitality industry. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. We care for people so they can be their best! Care is in the heart of what we do. Our Cape Canaveral Residence Inn property is seeking an assertive, innovative and results driven Assistant General Manager.
To learn more visit us at http://www.pahmanagment.com.
Assistant General Manager Job Description
At PAH Management, an Assistant General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• The Assistant General Manage will play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Tour the operating departments, daily making adjustments as needed via department heads.
• Conduct weekly staff meetings
• Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
• Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, M.I.D.s and available supervisors.
• The Assistant General Manage will ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and PAH standard checkbook accounting procedures.
• Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
• Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
• Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
• Adhere to all PAH policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
• The Assistant General Manage will oversee and assist in the PAH’s budget process as required.
• Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to PAH Management Standards.
• Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
• Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
• Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
• Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
• The Assistant General Manage will ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
• Ensure that employees are always attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, management and all other employees.
• Each month, forecast the hotel's financial position by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate Reforecast.
• Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to PAH S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all managers follow the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President of Operations, Regional Director of Operations, General Manager.
• Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to PAH S.O.P.'s.
• The Assistant General Manage will be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
• Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically regarding security and monthly safe audits are followed and occur.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Basic Assistant General Manager Qualifications
• At least 3-5 years’ progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 to 4 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 3 to 4 years of related experience.
• Assistant General Manage will maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• The Assistant General Manage will approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with PAH Management’s Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
|Address||8959 Astronaut Boulevard, Cape Canaveral, FL, 32920 View map|
|location Type||Small Metro / Town|