The Marriott Park Ridge is seeking an Assistant Front Office Manager to join their positive and talented team! Conveniently located a short distance from Woodcliff Lake, Nyack, The Outlets at Bergen Town Center and the bustle of New York City, the Marriott Park Ridge boasts 289 rooms, 18,000+ sq. ft. of event space and two restaurants on-site.
Job Overview: Assist the Front Office Manager in directing and supervising the operational activities of the hotel's Front Office within corporate and hotel guidelines to provide the highest standards of courteous service while permitting acceptable profit losses.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Review VIP reservations, amenity orders, and resumes for incoming and in-house guests. Update the computer system by inputting inventory and non-inventory groups. Control the suite book to ensure suites and special blocks are handled correctly.
* Compute daily payroll, schedules, and other reports. Analyze data and make decisions based on previous experience and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily forecast of expected arrivals and departures.
* Perform front desk supervisor duties as required. Handle cash, make change, balance and assign house bank. Count cash and other methods of payment at the end of the shift to verify and balance the house bank.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Administration of disciplinary procedures. Monitor lobby traffic and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
* Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to the vault pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. File access slips in room order.
* Prepare weekly forecast expected arrivals and departures.
* Perform the duties of Guest Service Agent, Reservation Agent and Telephone Operator in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager such as assisting in roles of manager on duty.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to effectively deal with guests, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly to communicate with customers and employees and prepare written complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations and to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to lift and transport metal deposit boxes weighing up to 15lbs.
* Ability to analyze information and make effective judgments.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
* Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year college or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* At least 3 years of Front Desk experience in a similar sized hotel.
* One-year front office management experience preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.