USA Today's 20 Top Hotels in Chicago, Hilton Chicago
is in walking distance of Solider Field's games and concerts and the Pilsen neighborhood's bar and restaurant scene, our 1544 room hotel o verlooks Grant Park, Lake Michigan, and Museum Campus. What will I be doing?
An Assistant Manager, Food and Beverage
with Hilton Chicago
is responsible for assisting in the daily management of activities and services of all hotel food and beverage operations, Herb N' Kitchen and Kitty O'Shea's. Responsibilities include s cheduling, ordering, inventory, corrective action & running shifts .
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Assist in the management of all Food and Beverage operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, food and beverage quality, inventory management, outlet reservations and occupancy, systems management, budget and forecasting, marketing, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure consistency in food quality and presentation and monitor cost and portion controls
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and resolve guest concerns
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and training team members
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of supervisor experience in F&B
- Open availability to work varying shifts between the hours of 5:30am to 2:00am
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to effectively lead and motivate a team
- Hotel and/or Union experience preferred, but not required
- Some understanding of P&L, food costs, forecasting, budgeting, scheduling and ordering preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!