Assist in the organization, management and administration of all operational aspects for the Food and Beverage Outlets.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in scheduling reservations and parties or special events in Lafayette, Off the Record, and the Private dining room. Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Manage the Open Table system with the host staff, ensuring accuracy of all guest reservations and shift reservations. Assist Host staff with greeting and seating guests during peak times of operation.
- Organize all documentation for shift work on a daily basis including pre-shift reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, requisitions for beverage, food and sundries and manage labor on a daily basis through the Kronos time management system.
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of dining rooms and work areas; communicate issues of safety, cleanliness or malfunctions to appropriate departments; manage maintenance/safety issues to completion.
- Plan and conduct meetings for outlets on a monthly basis to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well motivated. Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments.
- Be aware of and assist to control current budgeted and forecasted revenues, payroll, and product costs.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances to the Director of Restaurants and or Human Resources.
- Assist in maintaining all Micros programming for food and beverage outlets.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and directed.
- The Hay Adams Handbook, the Departmental Standard Operating Manual and out policies and procedures are part of this Job Description.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management preferred or equivalent experience; Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services.
License/Certification: Must be able to obtain any/all locally required licenses/certifications that relate to the job being performed such as TIPS or ServeSafe food safety certifications.
Basic Expectations: This position is one of very high guest contact and position profile, as such, all established standards of excellence must be maintained at all times and every effort must be made to meet and/or exceed all guest expectations or requests.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises all hourly employees in the food and beverage outlets and is responsible for assisting in the administrative tasks related to the outlets.
Language Skills: Must have good working knowledge of the English language - ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Ability: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled