In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Jupiter Island Club is seeking an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to join its dynamic team!
Jupiter Island Club is unquestionably one of the finest clubs in America. In the history of private clubs, the Jupiter Island Club is iconic. Its Membership roster since its inception and today reflects some of our nation’s most notable philanthropists and industrialists who are also members of many of the country’s other top clubs. After building the railroad system to South Florida in 1933, its founding family forged the Club’s beginnings on the principles of privacy, casual elegance, and warm and hospitable excellent service. Its style and feel are unpretentious and low-key, the antithesis of most clubs built in the last 20 years.
Not just a Club but an island community, Jupiter Island Club is on the north end of Jupiter Island in Martin County, Florida, about 30 miles north of Palm Beach. This very insular retreat is home to an 18-hole golf course with many holes on the Intricately waterway, a Main Club with formal (150 seats) and informal dining (60 seats), Golf Clubhouse (200 seats) with various styles of dining service, a 36-slip yacht basin hosting power boats up to 100’, 14 fast dry tennis courts with Tennis Shop, croquet court, 200-seat theater, Flower Shop, Wine Shop, Beauty Shop, Beach Shop, and oceanfront Beach Club informal dining (175 seats), two pools, spa and fitness. The Main Club is a social hub for formal dining, breakfast and events. A portion of the Club’s 52 Inn rooms are in the Main Club along with the Chef’s Cupboard, which provides a retail hub for prepared foods. There are also nine cottages in the Club’s lodging program.
Simply from the facilities description, you will note that Jupiter Island Club is a complex and complicated, very private, resort style operation. The position will require a very seasoned food and beverage professional with private club experience, extraordinary service standards and excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should have the ability to adapt around a range of issues over the $5M operation, helping to drive the Club into the future while being sensitive to its storied past and deep traditions. Culinary, Sommelier and or Club Management certifications advantageous.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of dining room and beverage operations including the cleanliness and timeliness of food and beverage service, and the effective execution of banquets. Areas of responsibility will include all dining areas as well as banquet rooms, living room and any other Club area or event related to or affiliated with the dining facility. He/She shall maintain these facilities and services at the highest quality level while creating a warm and friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Works closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and Food & Beverage Director to ensure Member satisfaction.
· Ensures that the restaurants, lounges and private dining rooms operate efficiently, and proper service is offered at all times according to manuals, training programs and SOPs.
· Programs and maintains POS systems and coordinates monthly inventories.
· Works with F&B Manager overseeing the Wine Shop and Beverage operations. This includes creating and maintaining wine lists and craft cocktail lists.
· Analyzes information concerning Wine Shop and Beverage operations such as daily sales, Member/guest attendance, and labor costs to prepare budgets and to maintain cost control of Wine Shop and Beverage operations.
· Coordinates purchases and sales and prepares or directs workers in the preparation of merchandise displays and potential advertising copy for Wine Shop. Aids Members in the selection of wines, beverages, and other items.
· Executes all purchasing of alcoholic beverages for the Wine Shop and Club as needed. Receives, stores and inventories all products.
· Ensures the proper execution of monthly inventory of Wine Shop and Bars.
· Institutes ongoing sales methods and techniques to increase beverage revenues and Member satisfaction
· Attends weekly F & B Meetings and any other meetings as assigned.
· Schedules daily line ups and re-caps within the department to communicate daily assignments and changes to ensure proper execution thereof.
· Assures that staff adheres to all Club policies and procedures and department SOPs including emphasis on uniforms, hygiene and sanitation standards.
· Consistently monitors and enforces all rules and regulations as set forth in the Club’s Employee Handbook.
· Counsels with other food and beverage managers to immediately deal with employee grievances and complaints, and provides prompt, fair and reasonable resolutions to problems and issues.
· Responsible for weekly work schedules; works closely with the F&B Manager to ensure proper budgeting guidelines are met and proper levels of staffing are maintained.
· Orients, trains and supervises dining room captains, servers, bartenders, runners, bussers and all other service staff.
· Conducts daily meetings with service staff to disseminate information, discuss problems and solutions, etc.
· Maintains a high level of Member contact during service hours.
· Handles Member and guest routine comments in a professional manner and according to established policies; refers any significant issues to the Food and Beverage Manager.
· Walks through dining facilities and related areas before and after each dining period to assure everything is in proper order. Inspects the room including tabletop settings, chairs, linens, floors, workstations and storage areas.
· Coordinates and prepares diagrams, event packets, etc. for special Club events and/or holiday functions.
· Maintains an accurate account of each employee to ensure they are following proper guidelines and procedures.
· Oversees the appearance of all silver and hollowware; Effectively executes maintenance programs to maintain these items and equipment.
· Completes all end of shift reports on a daily per shift basis in accordance with established standards. Checks and corrects all shift reports completed by other shift managers.
· Prepares daily reports detailing sales, problems, complaints, ideas, employee feedback, etc.
· Participates as an active member of the management staff in improving the service and operation of the Club.
· Conducts employee performance reviews.
· Makes sure safety procedures are being followed and adheres to reporting requirements in accordance with Club policy.
· Presents a professional image through dress and demeanor both on and off Club premises.
· Anticipates the needs/requests of service staff, Members and guests, so we may provide “proactive” service at all times.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Club’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Develops on-going professional development and training programs for Food and Beverage department captains/supervisors. Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including wage and hour and federal, state and/or local laws. Ensures a safe working environment for all employees.
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in hospitality or business and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Florida Safe Food Handling Certificate required. Florida Safe Serve Alcohol Certificate required. Culinary, Sommelier and or Club Management certifications advantageous. Valid driver’s license required for driving company vehicles.
|Address||1 Estrada Road, Hobe Sound, FL, 33455 View map|