Do you have a passion for selling with a proven ability to create revenue and build lasting relationships? B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group invites you to join our team as our Assistant Director of Sales at The Watermark Hotel in Tysons Corner, VA. As a leading owner and operator in the Hospitality industry, we are committed to providing an unmatched career experience and are committed to the success and development of our team members. The 300-unit Watermark Hotel - Tysons is an upscale, all-suite lodging facility with a breakfast café, full bar lounge, extensive outdoor patios, business center and 1,600 square feet of meeting space. The property, owned by Capital One Financial and operated by the B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, will serve associates of Capital One as well as corporate and leisure guests visiting the region. Located in the Capital One Center at the heart of Tysons Corner, the Watermark Hotel has a prominent location - steps from the McLean Metro Station, Capital One Hall, a variety of restaurants and shops, and a Wegmans grocer.Position Summary:
The Assistant Director of Sales will be primarily focused on selling, proactive solicitation of group business, which includes targeting weekend and shoulder leisure group business. This role will also ensure hotel's financial goals are met and consistent, high level of service is delivered within a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the property's sales objectives. The Assistant Director of Sales focuses on client and hotel objectives in support of Our Quality Pledge and Standards of Service. The Assistant Director of Sales manages the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts while maintaining accountability for achieving revenue opportunities.The Assistant Director of Sales is responsible for, but not limited to the following duties and activities:
- Targets leisure group business (weekends and shoulder), group/business transient accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Responds to incoming sales leads for the property.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new business to achieve personal and property's revenue goals.
- Focuses efforts on key and target accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
- Develops and executes effective sales plans and actions.
- Maximizes revenue by selling food and beverage to groups.
- Understands the overall market; competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
- Collaborates with Regional Director of Revenue to manage group room blocks effectively including cutoff dates, rooming lists, etc.
- Conducts formal pre-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs. Ensures proper and prompt follow up on all upsell opportunities.
- Manages meeting space, room set up, food and beverage and audio visual requirements. Delegate to Sales & Catering Manager as appropriate.
- Collaborates with all other operational departments to communicate group details via the group resume pertaining to arrival/departures, billings, special requests, etc.
- Identifies improvements to enhance the client experience.
- Maintains performance level when experiencing changes or challenges.
- Adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures and consistently maintain a professional and ethical representation within the Sales and Catering Department.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.