Assistant Director of RoomsThe Post Oak at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is seeking a Assistant Director of Rooms to join our team. We hire individuals that are committed to providing a remarkable guest experience and changing the standard of luxury. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to growth and leadership opportunities. The Assistant Director of Rooms will oversee all aspects of the hotel's Rooms Division and ensure that all guests receive Five Star level experiences.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage the day to day operations of Front Office, Guest Services, Guest Relations, Concierge and Housekeeping ensuring all service standards are followed at a Five Star level
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts and administer in a fiscally responsible manner
- Lead and support all areas in the achievement of their financial and operational targets
- Control all purchases for the department, consistently aware of quality and cost
- Assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan and achieve the goals and targets therein
- Responsible for the Perfect Room program, ensuring all guestrooms are defect free and at a Five Star level of cleanliness and condition.
- Oversee the selection, training and development of all Colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and career growth
- Motivate employees and utilize leadership skills through ongoing training, development, and follow up.
- Ensure effective and proactive yield management, increasing RevPAR index within the competitive set
- Oversee group business, reviewing and ensuring details of group resumes are met
- Responsible for overall condition of property. Conduct regular walkthroughs and partner with Housekeeping and Engineering teams to ensure immaculate cleanliness and condition of all public and heart of house spaces.
- Oversee all financial and personnel related administrative duties, and ensuring all is completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Understands hourly positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or during peak volume periods.
- Oversees departmental scheduling and regularly reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Identifies the developmental needs of hotel Colleagues. Coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps Colleagues improve their knowledge, skill, or ability.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with Colleagues and ensures Colleagues do the same within the team.
- Promptly owns and resolves all guest problems and complaints.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Ensures Colleagues are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve Colleague retention and overall job satisfaction.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility
- Supervises and assists with hotel operations as needed or as directed by leadership.