The Hilton Austin
, our AAA 4-Diamond Hotel is the heart of downtown and sits 31 stories high with 801 newly renovated rooms. We are seeking an Assistant Director of Human Resources
to join our team! If you want to be part of a FUN
team, this might be the right role for you!
The Assistant Director primarily oversees employee relations, engagement, recognition, workers' compensation, and all day to day functions of this busy office. The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of Human Resources management experience in the hospitality industry. What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Human Resources
with Hilton Austin
, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of the Human Resources function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in overseeing all Human Resources functions to include, but not limited to, team member relations, team member engagement and recognition, performance evaluations, workers compensation and safety, management development and coaching and general leadership guidance and support
- Manage team member relations programs, activities and initiatives to include, but not limited to, picnics, holiday functions, award banquets and special events
- Create an environment and ambiance that makes Team Members feel energized, comfortable and motivated, assist in developing a recognition culture that exists among Team Members and across all departments
- Serve as an ambassador of Hilton's culture, engaging with Team Members through direct and meaningful interactions and leading by example
- Deliver Thrive@Hilton well-being programs to enhance the mind, body and spirit of each Team Member
- Participate in and facilitate meetings and monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Act in the absence of the Director
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!