Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Employment Status
The Assistant Director of Human Resources is responsible for assisting the Area Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, and the understanding and enforcement of company policies. Responsibilities
- Main contact for employee relations; warm, helpful & upbeat personality will be key to this role!
- Coach and support HR Manager and HR Specialist
- Point of contact for union and labor relations, including Shop Stewards
- Process paperwork for documenting, coaching, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Schedule and facilitate Orientation, Diversity & Inclusion, and additional trainings.
- Key figure in planning and executing employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
- Manages all aspects of recruiting
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions.
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information, changes).
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment logbook.
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion logbook.
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of benefits.
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits (insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee requests.