In the heart of downtown, the 443 room DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
just completed a $35 million guestroom, meeting and public space renovation. We are ideally located near the city's business district and the nearby McCormick Place convention center.
It's a great time to join Hilton! Great Place to Work and Fortune
named Hilton the #1
Best Big Company to Work for in 2021! After 43 amazing years, our Engineering leader is retiring! We are looking for a Assistant Director of Engineering,
with the ideal candidate will having 5 or more years of building maintenance experience as well as 2 or more years in a manager/assistant director level role. Unionized hotel experience is strongly preferred. What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Engineering
, you would work collaboratively with our Unionized Engineering Leader, and be responsible for assisting in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections and direct general construction and the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure operational efficiency and safety
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- Communicates with city/county/state officials to ensure the proper maintenance of permits and licenses, to coordinate required inspections and to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Assists in the execution of capital projects and property rehabilitations.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Leads special projects, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
engineer I, engineer II, engineer III, hotel engineer, hotel engineer I, hotel engineer II, hotel engineer III, hotel maintenance engineer, hotel maintenance engineer I, hotel maintenance engineer II, hotel maintenance engineer III, hotel chief engineer, building engineer, building engineer I, building engineer II, building engineer III, hotel engineer, maintenance, maintenance engineer, maintenance engineer I, maintenance engineer II, maintenance engineer III, maintenance technician, building maintenance, foreman, construction supervisor, union, construction, carpenter, electrician, plumber, hvac, boiler, chiller, repair, handyman