Job DescriptionAssistant Director of Engineering
The Post Oak Hotel
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is seeking a Assistant Director of Engineering to join our team. We hire individuals that are committed to providing a remarkable guest experience and changing the standard of luxury. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to growth and leadership opportunities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all legal, Federal and State laws and regulations, and The Post Oak and departmental policies and procedures.
- Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
- Supervise, assign jobs, and ensure timely completion of projects by maintenance mechanics.
- Perform routine field inspections on-site and at off-site locations.
- Prepare technical reports and maintains logbooks as required.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of applicable fire, health, safety, and environmental standards as well as relevant state, local, and national codes.
- React in a timely manner to emergency situations.
- Coordinate maintenance and modification projects with appropriated department to ensure minimal guest interruption.
- To oversee the supervision of maintenance and repair at The Post Oak facilities and equipment.
- Recruit, select, train, coach, counsel, appraise, recognize and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce excellence in business operations and guest service.
- Stay abreast of current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicate pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and employees as appropriate.
- Promote positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
- Establish and maintain a Forbes five star service culture.
- Represent Director of Engineering in their absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position will directly or indirectly supervise the following positions:
- Laundry Mechanic
- HVAC Engineers
- Kitchen Mechanic