In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Direct the installation and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the
facility to insure safety and efficiency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
· Oversees programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and
maintenance of existing facilities and equipment, operation of plant utilities.
· Assigns and verifies completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure
of hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment which
contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility. Visually inspects quality of
work and directs staff and outside contractors in tasks according to performance and
· Acts as Director of Engineering in absence of the Director in such capacities as
hiring, counseling and training. Takes on the responsibility of completing any special
projects that were the responsibility of the Director.
· Communicates effectively with city officials to ensure proper maintenance of permits and
licenses, coordinating inspections with the appropriate department.
· Acts as a liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology and
products. Attends Engineering conventions to educate self in latest products to be used in
the hotel to increase guest satisfaction and cut costs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Assumes responsibilities of shop foremen and other supervisors in their absences.
· Negotiate contracts between hotel and outside contractors.
· Assists the Director of Engineering in the establishment and control of the annual budget.
· Due to the nature of the business the Assistant Director may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Frequent
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying (#50 lbs.) Frequent
Assimilate into The Trump National Doral Miami Cultural Foundation through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of the Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Trump National Doral Miami from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Leader.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills necessary to interpret electrical, mechanical and building systems.
· Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems with the ability to analyze their design and intent and performance. Considerable knowledge of construction and building systems.
· Ability to analyze trends in utility consumption report and predict energy forecast and to set up energy conservation programs.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate effectively with guests and associates.
· Ability to perform duties in confined space and in awkward positions.
· Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation and to effectively deal with internal and external guests.
· Ability to instruct subordinates and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
· Ability to translate technical information or problems into layman’s terms.
· Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches and buttons, a computer keyboard and a 10-key calculator.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
At least 2-year college (associate) degree preferred.
Four years of experience in engineering trade in high-rise and/or hospitality experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. CPR certification and/or First Aid
training preferred. Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations, such as an Electrician's license.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
|Address||4400 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33178 View map|