The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the management and supervision of all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, SOP's as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiently as possible.Responsibilities
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations.
- Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience.
- Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
- Review purchase requests and monitor expenses budget to ensure goals are met/exceeded.
- Assist in the administration of the department by preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Located on the world famous San Antonio River Walk, the upscale Westin Riverwalk Hotel offers our associates the opportunity to work in a beautiful location, in a city rich with history and culture. In addition to our health insurance plans and employer matching 401K plan, our associates enjoy a host of on-site benefits that include free meals, free bus passes and heavily discounted parking in a downtown location. Associates at the Westin Riverwalk have access to the Marriott Room Rate Discount program. This program offers room rate discounts at thousands of hotels located throughout the world, with many of these hotels offering a 20% discount for food and beverages. Come join our team! We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.