In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Vista is the premier hospitality management company of the Americas. As owners and operators of hotels, Vista has carved a remarkable story of success. Vista encourages employee growth as a contributing factor to both the success of the individual as well as success of the team. Vista owns and managers several properties throughout Eastern United States and Canada.
Crown Plaza Downtown Orlando, one Vista Property Management’s portfolios of hotels, is looking for an experienced Assistant Chief Engineer to support the hotel engineering operations. Crown Plaza Downtown Orlando offers a competitive compensation package and a working environment that’s all about hospitality! Take the next step in your career and join our team!
The Assistant Chief Engineer has the overall responsibility to supervise, administer and coordinate the Hotel’s mechanical services which include HVAC, steam, plumbing, and electrical. Assist the Chief Engineer in establishing, implementing and monitoring all energy conservation programs, and personnel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Review all open work tickets daily. Review report with Chief Engineer weekly
· Achieve optimal operating efficiency of building equipment
· Assist Chief Engineer in coordinating daily operations of department
· Maintain a schedule of regular walk-thru of the facility and issue work orders as required
· Maintain inventories of material in a secure and organized environment
· Ensure repair and maintenance is completed in a timely fashion.
· Communicate regularly with department areas in respect to their areas of responsibility.
· Manage an HVAC preventative maintenance program
· Co-Chair monthly communications meetings
· Provide 24-hour emergency support
· Maximize opportunities to reduce cost through use of information systems
· Perform all duties as assigned by management
· Oversee various renovation projects as assigned by Management
· EDUCATIONAL – Preferred/Required 2-year degree or Vocational Education
· EXPERIENCE – Preferred/required – Technical, Management, Customer Service
· SKILLS – Technical, Strong interpersonal skills, written & oral communications, analytical skills, ability to perform well under pressure
· PHYSICAL DEMAND - Ability to lift heavy objects, full functionally for long periods of time. Ability to climb, use computer.
· ANALYTICAL DEMANDS – Ability to figure out possible solutions to complex problems quickly
Crown Plaza Downtown Orlando is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
|Address||304 West Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL, 32801 View map|