Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and assist in the administration of the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and employees.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage repair and maintenance projects and building's improvements by effectively coordinating and planning all tasks in advance of beginning any project.
- Fire Alarm/Life Safety System - to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Energy Conservation - to observe energy and utilities usage in The Hotel. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Preventative Maintenance - oversee execution of preventative maintenance plan to ensure on-going appreciation of the asset.
- Records - to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day's activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
- Ensure there is adequate engineering coverage on a daily basis by adjusting schedules to accommodate extraordinary circumstances that may arise.
- Ensure all engineers effectively use their time and work habits in order that all jobs can be completed in a timely manner.
- Emergencies - to be available at all times for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the buildings and its systems during the emergency.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory MVR for insurance purposes.
- Previous experience with hotel or resort Engineering, Maintenance, and Management.
- Proven ability managing and leading teams of 10 or more.
- Strong management and leadership qualities with ability to lead teams on full-scale projects, resort-wide.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail and task oriented.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate.
See Job Description.