Job Location: Plantation Hale - Kapaa - Kapaa, HI
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Hospitality - Hotel
The Assistant Chief Engineer will develop, implement and manage all administrative, financial and operating aspects, as they directly relate to the engineering department. Responsible for the safety and profitability of the property in compliance with corporate standards, as well as local, state & national codes & regulations.
1. Manages and administers programs involving electrical, mechanical and general construction, repair and maintenance of existing facilities and equipment, operation of plant utilities (i.e. gas, electric, air conditioning systems and water). Visually inspects quality of work and directs staff and outside contractors in tasks according to performance and productivity standards. Plan, prepare and monitor special projects. Assign work orders to staff; monitor progress and results.
2. Responsible for maintaining the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas, maintaining of all equipment in guest rooms, conducting monthly safety inspections and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures. Oversee hotel safety and green program including proper trash removal and recycling.
3. Responsible for all life/safety systems including fire, elevators, disasters and emergency lighting and generating systems. Manages and verifies completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure of hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems, phone system, Internet, audio systems, surveillance equipment and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the Hotel. Must be able to respond to emergencies.
4. Supervise the Engineering staff; interview, hire, train, schedule, prepare payroll, coach and counsel, conduct performance evaluations and discipline as needed.
5. Manage remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs including preparing and submitting budget estimates, progress and cost tracking. Review contracts, negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with vendors, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors, requisitioning supplies and materials.
6. Communicate effectively with city officials to ensure proper maintenance of permits and licenses, such as inspecting the building with the fire department to ensure all public assembly permits are maintained yearly, coordinating inspections of all elevators with the Buildings department.
7. Act as liaison between hotel and vendors to review latest in hotel technology, control and report on the energy conservation programs.
8. Co-chairs the hotel's Safety Committee.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.