The Area Sales Manager position will oversee the Sales efforts for their assigned hotels. This position will be responsible for revenue generation, key account management, development, and execution of sales plans for their assigned hotels. JOB DUTIES
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Under general direction, conduct sales activities related to selling guest rooms in order to build hotel occupancy and revenue.
- Build and manage relations with clients and designated accounts.
- Demonstrates initiative in finding new business and new contacts within existing accounts resulting in increased revenue.
- Represents the hotel with prospective customers to provide necessary information on hotel facilities and services and to determine level of interest. Makes well prepared, professional presentations to clients and prospects.
- Leads on-site inspections by customers, performs outside sale calls to develop leads.
- Formulates and submits formal and informal sales proposals to prospective customers in the field, at the hotel, and over the phone.
- Analyze sales statistics with Leadership, to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and sales goals.
- Awareness of competition, top accounts, rates and sales strategies on an ongoing basis. Stays abreast of trends in the market place.
- Participate in Sales Blitzes and completes follow up in a timely manner with potential corporate clients.
- Manages and negotiates account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Manages and update Salesforce daily.
- Follow company direction, process, and expectations of assigned hotels.
- Develop a sales plan that addresses new business development, product management from a sales and marketing perspective, strategic sales alliances, and partnerships with companies,
- Appreciates the diversity of our team members, guests, vendors and surrounding community. Is committed to ensuring a positive and safe work environment at all times.
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts.
- Ensure all due dates/deadlines are met and other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to create and give professional presentations to small groups.
- Ability to work as a team player within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use and teach various sales and marketing research tools.
- Minimum of one year's hotel sales experience with Extended Stay hotels or three year's hotels sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Sales and Marketing Management preferred.
- Proven track record for increasing revenue growth to include securing contracts with local businesses and companies in an effort to exceed budgeted revenue and occupancy levels of assigned hotel.
- A proven track record: Experience at successfully increasing revenues and delivering results
- The ability to operate independently: Achieve superior results while working with minimal direction and exceptional support
- Ownership mentality
- An eye for detail: Deliver exceptional customer and associate service
- An analytical mind: Possess the ability to analyze and adjust strategies as is required in today's volatile markets.
- Travel within assigned area.
- Possess strong follow up skills
- Ability to stand and move throughout, from, and to office, and continuously performs essential job functions.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds maximum.
- Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, sitting and using hands to fingers to feel/touch.
- Frequent talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
- Frequent to constant standing, walking, sitting and using hands to fingers to feel/touch
- Occasional climbing of stairs
- Perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.