In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Area Manager of Hotel Accounting will support and report to the Asst. Corporate Director of Accounting. This position will perform daily accounting functions for the Hotel Portfolio, as well as supervise and support Property Accountants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of all property level accounting per Company Policy and in accordance with guidance from the Asst. Corp Dir of Accounting and the Corp Dir of Accounting.
This includes the daily, weekly, and monthly flow of property level information to the Corporate Office/managing and maintaining archives, designing and implementing informational flows, and auditing related compliance for multiple locations.
- Ongoing supervision, training, and support of all Area Property Accountants.
- Provides coverage for property level accounting staff when necessary.
- In Addition, provides daily accounting coverage for one to two hotels on a temporary basis from time to time, as needed.
- Ensures that all property level systems are coordinated correctly as relates to connectivity to the general ledger (PMS, POS, 3rd Party and Brand Systems, Merchant Processing, etc.…)
- Assists in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Assists in the development of accounting related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable tax laws, specifically; sales, use tax, and occupancy taxes.
- Reconciles some hotel bank accounts on a daily basis. Responsible for the accuracy and balancing of all property cash, whether reconciled personally or by an Area Property Accountant.
- Oversees and assists with the collection of the Accounts Receivable for each hotel.
- Monitors daily report activity to ensure proper recording of hotel revenues.
- Monitors credit card batch transmissions and reconciles to the daily report (M3) on a daily basis, and responsible for the accuracy and balancing of all property credit cards.
- Monitors all cash deposits for all properties.
- Audits all property cash banks on a monthly basis and researches any overages/shortages.
- Monitors all credit card disputes/chargebacks with merchant services for each property to ensure timely document submission by the property accountant.
- Manages relationships with 3rd party merchant service providers to ensure timely access to credit card processing discrepancies.
- Manages the month end inventory process/ensures timeliness and accuracy (F&B and various ticket inventories).
- Monitors Guest Ledger for each hotel and identify any issues; (high balances/open folios, etc.…) and follows-up with the Area Property Accountant to resolve.
- Supports Hotel General Managers to ensure they are receiving what they need from the Accounting Team and surfaces any/all concerns with the Asst. DOA.
- Ensures the clean operation and design of all property level systems… including constant review of transaction level activity.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND GUIDELINES/SKILLS
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing.
- Valid Ca. Driver License as this position requires frequent trips back and forth from the Corporate Office to the properties.
A drive for results to achieve individual and property goals.
Strong leadership skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The ability to operate office equipment, e.g. computer, photocopier, fax machine, etc.
Strong organizational skills.
Self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all times.
Safe work practices at all times.
An eye for detail and the ability to maintain a strong focus.
The ability to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks using effective time management skills.
Strong communication skills and ability to interpret and explain financial data and financial variances
Communicates all pertinent information to the appropriate staff member with a high sense of urgency.
Must maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
Establishes and maintains good communication and teamwork with fellow employees at Corporate as well as at the properties in such a manner that promotes harmony and goodwill throughout the workplace.
PERFORMS ANY ADDITIONAL TASKS OR ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Hospitality Accounting and Management.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Knowledge of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry is preferred, as is previous hospitality/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of M3 Accounting a definite plus.
- A high level of skill using Excel; ability to use tables and lookups, and create new worksheets.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents and communicate information either verbally or in written form. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, ownership and co-workers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical solutions. Ability to create and interpret spreadsheets.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Ca. Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to talk and hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The colleague frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The colleague is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The colleague must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The setting in the work environment is indoors and the noise level is usually low to moderate.
|Address||333 City Boulevard West, Orange, CA, 92868 View map|