Area Director Sales - Select Service Hotels
Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Downtown/RiverPlace
Located along the South waterfront in Portland, this hotel is 10 miles from Portland Airport (PDX). It offers a gym, and an indoor swimming pool. The Residence Inn Portland Downtown/RiverPlace offers nearby access to the Portland Streetcar and bus lines.
The rooms at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown/RiverPlace have a fully-equipped kitchen with a refrigerator, a microwave and a dishwasher. They also include a seating area and flat-screen TV.
The Residence Inn Portland by Marriott is conveniently located near downtown Portland entertainment district and the Oregon Convention Center. Guests can enjoy the nearby walking and cycling trail.
Aimbridge Hospitality Company Overview
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Area Director of Sales Job Summary
The Area Director of Sales is responsible planning and managing the overall sales and marketing for a collection of 2-10 full service premium select and/or independent branded hotels. This role has the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth to maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives for all of the entire collection of hotels. This individual will oversee operations of the hotel sales department including but not limited to direct sales follow-up sales administration hiring of staff training managing and coaching. Additional responsibilities include sales and marketing budget forecast advertising marketing and business plans; manages within approved plans and budgets.
Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly
Area Director of Sales Responsibilities
- The Area Director of Sales will coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Coordinate sales automation efforts ensuring a region sales database is developed and managed for various email campaigns and customer solicitation efforts to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Initiate and develop sales trips to key feeder markets / cities with a focus on identifying accounts that can directly benefit revenue performance targets at all hotels located within the cluster. In addition work directly with property based Directors of Sales to help with coordination of on property direct sales efforts.
- The Area Director of Sales will proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients.
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Conducts on property visits to hotels within assigned collection to assess strength of sales leadership strategic culture and adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards sales standards and sales metrics.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team goals and budgeted metrics.
- The Area Director of Sales will train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
- With input and guidance from the GM and/or Corporate HR manage Human Resources in the division in order to attract retain and motivate the employees; hire train develop empower coach and counsel conduct performance and salary reviews resolve problems provide open communication vehicles discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and Reservations.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations.
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management providing training on a rotational basis.
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication across your collection of hotels to achieve initiatives with respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments (i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field marketing).
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- The Area Director of Sales will act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her absence; performing any other duties as requested by management.