Why work for The Sheraton San Diego Hotel?
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in Hospitality offering an elevated guest experience – Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is a fit for you! We are soon to be one of the largest and most renovated resorts in San Diego! Our culture is driven by our care for our guests and associates alike. Our mission is to be a resort where guests love to stay and our associates love to work!
The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina is a downtown waterfront resort that offers you breathtaking views of downtown San Diego and the San Diego Bay. We offer a competitive pay rate and a very complete benefit package; health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, employee discount, employee assistant program, meals provided.
- Will be required to work flexible scheduled shifts based on business needs.
- Scheduling includes holidays, nights, overnights and weekends depending on hotel events and functions.
The Area Director of Travel Industry Sales will be responsible for soliciting, maintaining and overseeing all sales related activities in the individual travel segments (Consortia, Business Travel, Wholesale and Leisure). This position will be responsible for selling and marketing the $85M repositioning of the Sheraton San Diego resort and the new Vespera Resort on Pismo Beach, an Autograph Collection by Marriott. The focus will be building long term relationships with travel industry partners in their assigned markets to meet and/or exceed both property’s transient revenue goals and maximum potential. The position will be based in San Diego with approximately 80% of sales effort devoted to Sheraton San Diego while 20% is devoted Vespera. The position will effectively balance expectations with the support of both property DOSM’s.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage and further develop the Consortia, Business Travel, Wholesale and Leisure market to meet and/or exceed goals for this segment
- Prospect, qualify, and develop new travel industry accordance with the objectives and goals stated in the Hotel Strategic Plan as well as further developing relationships with existing partners
- Develop account strategies to capture new consortia key accounts, i.e. Ensemble, ProTravel/Tzell, Frosch and Signature consortia programs
- Find, qualify and book all suitable wholesale accounts such as Bonotel, Tourico, W2M, Gulliver, etc.
- Lead negotiations with travel partners in assigned market sources to achieve maximum revenue potential for the hotel while satisfying clients’ needs
- Participate in various industry sales calls, tradeshows, roadshows, throughout the year both domestically and possibly internationally, in assigned market sources to educate, generate awareness and interest by highlighted $85M transformation
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in various community and professional associations and industry events
- Conduct site inspections with clients as well as coordinating FAM tours with various visitor bureaus and airlines partners
- Utilize Hotellegence to find new business in comp set as well as gain comp set knowledge
- Utilize property reports to maximize account data necessary for informed decision making and monthly reporting
- Monitor performance against sales targets. Address shortfalls and take action to rectify on a monthly basis
- Assist both the Directors of Sales & Marketing in preparing reports and various sales projects as required in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparing two annual Hotel Strategic Plan and Budget
- Assist, when necessary, Director of Revenue Optimization with OTA’s
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Train and develop associates on 4 Keys service standards, technical skills, standard operation procedures, and safety standards.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Fosters open channels of communication between all employees.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among associates.
- Follow all additional duties as assigned by management.
- Understand the mission, vision, and goals of the hotel.
- Must possess excellent communication, follow up, and organizational
- Sets high personal performance
- Must be proactive and have a creative, positive, and focused
- Maintaining confidentiality and sensitive information is a
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to apply them in a dynamic environment.
- Establish goals and objectives for department.
- Well organized, focused and complete all work assigned.
- Work cohesively with co-workers and all departments as part of a team.
- Build morale and promote positive employee engagement.
- Follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve standards of operations.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write instructions, correspondence, reports, and memos.
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically with guests, management, co-workers, members and marina tenants.
- Ability to effectively present information to associates, management, guests, members, marina tenants and the public in one-on-one and group situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand guest service needs.
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.