B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group invites you to join our team as our Area Director of Food and Beverage in Arlington, VA. As a leading owner and operator in the Hospitality industry, we are committed to providing an unmatched career experience and are committed to the success and development of our team members. The Area F&B Director will oversee the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Holiday Inn National Airport Hotel are in Crystal City. Both hotels include a breakfast café, Starbucks, bars, and restaurants. Located in a prominent location - steps away from the Crystal City Metro Station, Amazon HQ2, Pentagon City Mall, night life, and a variety of restaurants and shops.
The Area Director of Food and Beverage is an advocate and ambassador of stellar service creating enjoyable moments that renders repeat guests. Proactively tending to the needs of our guest through attention to detail, positive guest interactions and knowledge of Outlets operations. A key component of this role will be an outgoing genuine personality with the ability to multi-task and exceed expectations. A diplomatic leader and team player. The Area Director of Food and Beverage will have a keen understanding of business volume and be prepared to address any nuances. The Area Food and Beverage Director will directly affect the success of the hotel outlets, room service, catering operations and is well suited for an individual that has previously worked in a busy, high traffic, hospitality setting where the guest is considered the priority. Responsibilities:
- Effective Operations of the Food and Beverage Department: Leads the food & beverage staff to ensure the department operates efficiently and business goals are achieved. Attends appropriate meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and team member needs are met.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage service standards are met and guest needs are responded to in a timely manner. Resolves guest complaints in courteous and friendly manner, focusing on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
- People Management and Development:Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all team members. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members. Responsible for training all team members and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Ensures all company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Financial Expectations: Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs. Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to food and beverage operations based on sales and guest comments. Responsible for management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of food and beverage operations to maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group's procedures for guest/team member incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe, TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain certification is required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3+ years of progressive food and beverage experience required, with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience. Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a hotel setting of similar brand or distinction. Prefer experience with venue of similar size, volume, and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction. Basic knowledge of culinary operation, restaurant, banquet and beverage service. Familiar with all aspects of tableside service.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled