Complete responsibility for maintaining the hotel's appearance, equipment and systems for multiple hotel properties. Focus on "Our Quality Pledge and Standards of Service" and the Company Mission Statement is of paramount importance. This position entails active management in the supervision of all work and repairs being performed. This individual serves on the hotel executive committee as well as the Manager on Duty program. The Area Chief Engineer is expected to have direct involvement with guest and employees. This is a hands on position that requires active, vigorous leadership.Specific Responsibilities:
1. Ensure assets are maintained to achieve maximum useful life in terms of service ability.
2. To provide effective cost controls within the department.
3. Ensure positive guest first approach & provide a friendly guest experience.
4. Achieve the human resource goals for the Maintenance Department.
- Proper hiring and orientation of new team members.
- The continued training and development of team members.
- Provide a professional and caring work environment.
- Maintain effective communication and feedback with departmental staff.
5. Maintain a professional and ethical image for the Maintenance Department.
6. Lead the Safety and Security effort at the property.
7. Provide needed input in development of and provide supervision of CIM projects.