Since 1947, The Colony Palm Beach has been the center of Palm Beach social life hosting-- U.S. Presidents, European Royalty and discriminating travelers from around the world. Be part of a historic, luxury boutique hotel exhibiting polished charm and ambiance only steps away from world-famous shopping and dining on Worth Avenue and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
For more information visit http://thecolonypalmbeach.com The Colony Palm Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
JOB OVERVIEW: Assists with all aspects of Accounts Payable and Payroll. Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. Responsible for processing payroll biweekly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Matches purchase orders to invoices and enters invoices into computer.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Keeps track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Maintains historical records. Creates and adds material to hard copy and electronic files as needed for record keeping.
- Pays employees by verifying expense reports and prepares checks.
- Pays vendors by scheduling and preparing checks.
- Responds to all vendor inquiries regarding finance and payments.
- Verifies federal ID numbers, collects and maintains W-9 forms.
- Prepares analyses of accounts and produces monthly reports.
- Resolves purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Provides financial, administrative and clerical support.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and reconciling any items aged over 60 days.
- Enters new or update vendor names and data.
- Provides accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs daily payroll department operations.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Collects and summarizes timekeeping information.
- Obtains supervisory approval of time card discrepancies.
- Processes garnishment requests.
- Timely processes and closes periodic payrolls.
- Prepares and administers pay checks and processes direct deposit payments.
- Receives and distributes paychecks and pay statements.
- Processes and issues annual W-2 and 1095 forms to employees.
- Processes and distributes reports for compensation, taxes paid, garnishments, and deductions.
- Updates payroll records by entering approved changes in exemptions, compensation, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Maintains employee files in a locked cabinet.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reports needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responds to unemployment offices, IRS, state and other outside agencies on payroll matters.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources by producing reports, and benefit enrollments, open enrollment.
- Provides information on benefits to employees and assist with benefit administration.
- Responds to requests for verifications of employment according to established policies.
- Researches uncashed payroll checks. Issues check replacements.
- Assists with accounting and payroll end-of-year processes.
- Trains employees on payroll Self-Service portal and time clock.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with others.
- Assists Director of Finance in providing information for monthly reconciliations and any other project requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Processes new hires and finalizes onboarding in payroll system.
- Any other functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential / fundamental job duties, whether or not listed above.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, payroll, regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Two or more years' experience in Accounts Payable.
- Two or more years' experience in Payroll.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, employees, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Working knowledge of payroll software and M3 Accounting Software.
- Effective organizational, stress management, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- College degree, Finance or Accounting major.
- Prior accounting or payroll experience in hospitality, preferably in a luxury hotel/resort.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Working knowledge of Paycom.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.