Job DescriptionAccounting Specialist
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Accounting Specialist to join our hotel. The Accounting Specialist assists in various assigned responsibilities related to the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Accounting functions. The Accounting Specialist must be able to concentrate and think clearly, prioritize and organize assigned duties and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ensure compliance of all policies and Code of Conduct as specified in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist, as needed, with accounts payable job functions. To include, but not limited to, scanning, filing, data input, statement reconciliation and vendor inquiries.
- Assist, as needed, with accounts receivable job functions. To include, but not limited to, filing, account billing, guest inquiries and responses.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting Manager with daily and month end general accounting duties.
- Assist with month end closing responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.