We are actively looking for an Accounting Clerk / General Cashier for our awe-inspiring Hutton Hotel in Nashville, TN. Think about how much fun it would be to elevate your life and work in a sophisticated, independent hotel in the city's lively midtown neighborhood and steps from Music Row!
Hutton Hotel believes there is an artist within all of us. Hutton was built by Nashville creatives to reflect the soul of Music City. All Hutton associates are artists of hospitality and are encouraged to find creative ways to deliver extraordinary experiences to our guests.
As a member of the Hutton team, you will have the opportunity for personal growth, you will have the opportunity to engage in our community, and you will enjoy the opportunity to enrich lives one experience at a time.
Hutton Hotel is part of Sage Hotel Management, where we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today!Job Overview
The General Accountant maintains the property's Income Audit, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll System, and General Cashier functions in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures. Sort documents and post debits/credits to proper accounts. Verify amounts and codes on various forms for accuracy. Balance entries and make necessary corrections. Maintain and make necessary adjustments to records and/or logs such as journals, payroll/time reports, or property records. Verify and reconcile simple bank statements or department records.
Knowledge of Opera and/or M3 preferred. Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with the night auditors and department managers to maximize revenues and ensure accuracy of postings through processing the income audit daily.
- Work closely with sales managers to ensure accurate/timely group billing and follow up with and manage hotel A/R aging.
- Assist in training of accounting practices within other departments to ensure understanding of SOPs and compliance audit requirements.
- Analyze financial data and resolve discrepancies and provide open communications and recommendations for changes and efficiencies as appropriate.
- Create and delivery of payroll and daily revenue reports to department managers. Follow up on discrepancies of reports.
- Balance, reconcile and close various daily accounts and prepare the daily statements to provide accurate, timely information to management while ensuring proper controls are maintained.
- Respond to customer issues/complaints/problems in a quick efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Prepare reports and communications to the Controller, Assistant Controller and other Hotel Executive Committee members on revenue issues/problems and other pertinent information.
- Process payroll to meet compliance standards and deadlines.
- Input and reconcile daily tip reporting.
- Distribution of payroll to comply with standards and deadlines.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
One to two years of post-high school education.Experience
One year of experience in similar role. Accounting background preferred, but not required.Knowledge/Skills
- Requires thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the accounting and hospitality professions.
- Requires knowledge of the hotel's and company policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Prefer intermediate MicroSoft Office skills. Excel and Word.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make decisions based on general policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, communicate both verbally and in writing, utilize analytical thought processes, understand verbal/written technical and mechanical instruction, and be highly organized.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees, guests and contractors in writing, via telephone and in person.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, carrying of files/papers - typically 10-15 lbs.
- Bending/kneeling required for transporting documents and filing.
- Mobility - must be able to move between offices and hotel and help during an emergency situation.
Prolonged sitting at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work area under florescent lighting