Combined Accounting Assistant/Admin Assistant to join our management team of hospitality professionals. If you have an accounting background with a bit of admin experience - we would like to talk you about our open position
- Process all vendor invoices including coding to the general ledger, obtaining necessary approvals and entering data into the accounting software.
- Manage the property's purchase order process ensuring expenses are properly submitted and approved prior to ordering. Also manage the property's declining checkbook in order to manage costs and support the General Manager in making purchase decision.
- Process payroll including, managing the timeclock to ensure Department managers are approving associate hours and adjustments, exporting the timeclock file to the 3rd party payroll software and updating the payroll system for associate changes.
- Manage Capital expenditure process based on the Company's prescribed policies and procedures.
- Handle weekly cash deposit
- Research and respond to all credit card inquiries and charge backs within time limits set by credit card companies, processing the necessary adjustments when required.
- Able to complete the monthly, quarterly and annual performance report in Korean
- Respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
- Maintain accurate records, files, reports, contracts, etc.; frequently produce reports and correspondence that are effective, appropriate for the audience, and grammatically and technically accurate; protect confidentiality of all relevant information; effectively handle clients and guests on the phone by practicing proper phone skills; effectively use computer systems and software to analyze information, produce reports and correspondence.
- Work with sales and catering to ensure that all required documentation is received to support tax exempt revenues. Actively research and resolve tax shortages identified by corporate office
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with accounting office issues.
- Provide administrative support.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIESThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prefer bilingual in English and Korean
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to handle a high workload volume with organization and control.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Generally, the position works Monday through Friday with hours varied based on business demand. At times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed workday, to include Saturdays and Sundays, or time of work if business or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business needs determine the number of hours that you work.