Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend. Employment Status
The Accounting Analyst/Generalist is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining accurate and timely financial resporting; ensuring acceptable levels of internal control; ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and Highgate Hotels Standard Operating Procedures; and safeguarding owners/investors assets. For this role, the emphais is placed on the management of Payroll, Income Audit and Accounts Receivable processing and collections
The Accounting Generalist/Analyst's focus will be accounts payable, accounts receivables, daily revenue posting and reconciliations. The staff accountant will aid in assuring the overall success of the Accounting department by meeting or exceeding the company's expectation for quality and accurateness. Responsibilities
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Accounting Manager.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Process "due backs" on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing letters, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivable/Payable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts receivable aging components including billing, cash receipts application, deposits, etc.
- Works with associates when necessary to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external guests.
- Reports and responds to chargebacks on a weekly basis.
- Collects cash on a daily basis and sends to bank for deposits.
- Reconciliation and posting of daily revenue via the daily income journal.