Ala Carte Food and Beverage Manager
Cherokee Country Club
Oversees all A la Carte production and service for the club. Directly supervises the Dining Room Managers and all line level front of the house a la carte staff. Plans and implements budgets; hires, trains and supervises Food and Beverage team members and applies relevant marketing principles to assure that the wants and needs of club members and guests are consistently exceeded. Ideal candidate will aggressively install new dining concepts and ensure that all A la Carte Restaurants continue to achieve superior food and service standards. Candidate will maintain high visibility with membership in all areas and interact with all guests during primary service times.
- The Food and Beverage Manager develops an operating budget for each of the department’s A la Carte revenue outlets; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to assure that the budget’s sales and cost goals are attained
- Assures that effective hiring, orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are implemented
- Inspects to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards are consistently met.
- Assures that all standard operating procedures for sales and cost control are in place and consistently utilized
- Helps plan and approve the organizational chart, staffing and scheduling procedures and job descriptions/ specifications for all department staff
- Creates staffing pars for all dining venues and ensures that scheduling is consistent with those pars
- Assists with menus proposed by the Executive Chef for all A la Carte outlets
- Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to, and/or local laws pertaining to alcoholic beverages
- Researches new products and trends and develops an analysis of the cost/profit benefits of implementation
- The Food and Beverage Manager maintains documentation of food and beverage personnel records
- Implements policies and procedures for food and beverage departments
- Consults with the Executive Chef and Clubhouse Manager daily to help assure the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Greets guests and oversees actual service on a routine, random basis
- Develops wine lists, Craft Beverage Lists, By the Glass Program and Beer Selections
- Develops on-going training programs for food production, service and bar production/service personnel
- Continually works to ensure correct handling procedures to minimize china and glassware breakage and food waste
- Handles selected member and guest complaints and advises the General Manager and Clubhouse Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken
- The Food and Beverage Manager develops creative ways of promoting dining in the various dining rooms and lounges
- Maintains responsibility for sales, expenses and profit goals as outlined in the Food and Beverage Department’s operating plans/budgets
- Participates in on-going facility inspections throughout all dining rooms to assure that cleanliness, safety and other standards are consistently attained.
- Maintains inventories on all relevant supplies and orders stock as needed.
- The Food and Beverage Manager leads team lineups to ensure accurate communications, proper uniforms and hygiene, and motivation of A la Carte service and Bar staff.
General Manager COO, Clubhouse Manager
Clubhouse Manager, Executive Chef, Director of Finance, Facilities Manager
Assistant Managers and all a la carte staffing.
Cherokee Country Club offers an extensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, participation in 401k plan, paid time off, professional development through CMAA or comparable education, clothing allowance and employee meals.